Goodbye Talk of a Friend (ஒரு நண்பனின் பிரியாவிடை உரை)
Life always gets hard when we come to know our loved ones are no more, especially friends. We all would have come across the demise of our best friends. The person who shared happiness and sadness with us, fights with us and fights for us, shares beautiful memories with us.
I too lost the best friend of my childhood (Saravana) due to a deadly life-sucking disease (muscular dystrophy). According to that disease, As it gets stronger, the person loses control over his bodily actions(walking, running, moving hands and fingers). Eventually, every muscle and organ in the body gets fail one by one and the person dies.
The moment I came to know that he was no more, everything around me turned dark for a few minutes. I had an enjoyable childhood at his home. Though he cannot walk, I and my brother would make my friend comfortable and always tried to keep my friend happy. When I finished my schooling and after joining college, I got a new circle, new friendship and I was busy exploring it. This new life made me erase my friend from my mind. Stepping inside his house after a few years just to see his dead body was the saddest moment of my life.
I wrote this in memory of him. I imagined that if his soul has spoken to me at his funeral, what it would be?
This poem is an answer to that.
For the context: I wrote this from my friend's perspective as like his soul is talking to me.
என் வீட்டிற்குள் அழுகுரல் கேட்கிறதே,
ஊரெல்லாம் என் இறந்த உடலை பார்க்கிறதே.
கொஞ்சி கொஞ்சி பேசிய என் தந்தையின் கைகளோ,
கொள்ளி வைக்க தயங்குதே.
சிரிப்பால் பூரித்த என் அன்னையின் முகமோ,
துக்கத்தால் துவண்டு நம்பிக்கையின்றி போனதே.
திங்கள் கழித்து வரும் பெளர்ணமியை போல
வருடங்கள் கழித்து வந்தாயே தோழா என் உடல் தகனம் கான.
ஏனடா வந்தாய் என என் தாய் உன்னை கேட்டிட
இனி உன் நண்பன் இல்லை என என் தந்தை சுட்டி காட்டிட
ஓடியாடி திரிந்தோமே சிறு வயதில் ஒன்றாக,
ஒருநாள் கால் வலியால் துடித்தேன்.
நான் நடப்பதும் கடவுளுக்கு பிடிக்கவில்லை என்றாக.
மறுபடியும் குழந்தை போல் தவழ்ந்தேன்.
பறந்து விறிந்த என் பாலிய பருவ உலகம்,
நான்கு சுவர்களுக்குள் அடைப்பட்டதே.
நோயால் என் கை கால்கள் குறுகி போனதே,
என் ஆசை கனவுகளும் கறுகி போனதே.
நாட்கள் கடந்து வருடங்கள் கடந்து போனதே,
நண்பர்களின் முகங்களோ மறந்து போனதே.
வறண்ட பூமியில் சிறு மழை போல் வந்தாயே தோழா,
என் இருண்ட உலகில் சிறு புன்னகை ஒளி தந்தாயே.
அனையும் விளக்கு பிரகாசமாய் எரிவதை போல,
முடிவை நோக்கி என் நாட்கள் கடக்குதே.
காலம் முடிந்தது என காலன் என்னை அழைத்திட,
இறுதி மூச்சில் என் வாழ்க்கை கண்முன் ஓடிட
மகிழ்ச்சி தருணங்களை கண்டு நான் உரைந்திட
உயிர் உடலையும் உலகையும் பிரிந்து போனதே.

Comments
Post a Comment